Shimano TranX 401A Baitcasting Reel - Left Hand Wind
The totally new Tranx is designed as a 'working machine for big fish'.
The Tranx is a large baitcasting reel designed with one purpose, to deliver power, and plenty of it. For the large lure specialist, fishing for large fresh water and inshore saltwater predators, the Tranx has no equal with its awesome winding torque and powerful multi-disc drag.$ The Tranx is a special reel for the big boys and if that’s what you’re after you are going to love using it. Never again will you feel under-gunned and underpowered when using the largest crankbaits, outsized swimbaits, or anything else that’s large! Tranx actually feels quite compact in use, and the double handled 300A and 400A sizes run smoothly at 75cm of line per handle turn. For more speed the HGA option has a single power handle and retrieves 100cm per turn. Whichever you choose, when you need a reel to flex its muscles, you can rely on Tranx.$ At over 300g, the Tranx isn’t a lightweight reel, but it doesn’t pretend to be. It’s a beast. The aluminium HAGANE Body is ultra tough, as is the X-SHIP technology within the gearing. Hook into a large fish and you immediately take control. With at least 8kg of stopping power, provided by the multi-disc drag, there’s only ever going to be one winner. Tranx uses Shimano’s reliable VBS braking system for casting, and combined with an aluminium S3D spool large lures fly through the air with ease. And for anglers wanting to use it for saltwater fishing, fear not, this powerhouse has Coreprotect for long lasting durability.
With the super powerful TranX, you can tackle anything that swims in freshwater or saltwater with the powerful! X-Ship & HEG technology combines to provide massive cranking power with a smooth effortless retrieve, perfect for throwing big baits and catching big fish. Shimano's new CoreProtect water resistant technology provides long-lasting durability in the harshest environments.
- Fresh or Salt water
- Max drag over 10kg
- S3D spool for ultra light rotation with reduced vibration
- Weight, 340g
- Ratio, 5.8:1
- Line capacity, 0.3mm 270m
So what do all these letters and numbers mean? I hear you say...
Let's try explain things here:
- BFS = Bait (Baitcaster) Finesse System
- DC = Digitally Controlled (fool proof!) casting system
- C = Compact body, slightly smaller than the standard
- HG = High Gear, faster retrieve than the standard
- XG = Extra Gear... even faster than the HF version, these letters don't determine size
- S = Shallow spool, ideal for braid
- DH = Double Handle
- Ci4 = A lightweight material!
- MGL -Magnumlite, a reel with components, often spool made from a lighter metal than others, 30% lighter than Ci4!
- F or R = If the model name has F or R at the beginning, this is Front or Rear drag. The letter following the F determines the release age, so FK is newer than FJ. A little like the old car number plate system.
- 1, 2, 3000 etc = Determines the size which goes up with the number although the 2500 and 3000 are the same size, just the 3000 has a larger spool and sometimes different shaped handle... YES I know it is a bit confusing, but hopefully this helps a little in choosing the perfect reel for you.